top of page

DS 160 Non Immigrant Visa Application

The DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application form, is for temporary travel to the United States, and for K (fiancé(e)) visas. Form DS-160 is submitted electronically to the Department of State website via the Internet.

Consular Officers use the information entered on the DS-160 to process the visa application and, combined with a personal interview, determine an applicant’s eligibility for a nonimmigrant visa.

Visa applicants must submit a completed DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application for these following nonimmigrant visa categories:

  • Temporary Business/Pleasure Visitor (B1/B2)

  • Alien in Transit (C)

  • Crew Member (D)

  • Academic or Language Student (F)

  • Temporary Worker (H)

  • Foreign Media Representative (I)

  • Exchange Visitor (J)

  • Fiancé(e) of a U.S. Citizen (K)

  • Intracompany Transferee (L)

  • Vocational/Non Academic Student (M)

How to Apply


There are several steps to apply for a visa. The order of these steps and how you complete them may vary at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you apply. Our Premium Service​ is an easy to use, step by step process to ensure you complete your form accurately and mistake free from beginning to end.

Important Notice to Visa Applicants: 
After you have completed the DS 160 US Visa Application Form, you must take these next steps below:


  1. Once you complete your application, you can pay the Premium Service fee of $165 with the following credit cards: VISA Debit or Visa Credit and by bank transfer.

  2. Print and keep the DS-160 barcode page. (You will not need to print the full application.)

  3. Review country-specific instructions on the U.S. Embassy or Consulate website and Pay the Government MRV fee accordingly.

  4. Schedule your visa interview appointment. (The U.S. Embassy or Consulate does not schedule an appointment for you.) 

Before you Start


You should have the following documents available while you complete your DS-160:

  • Passport.

  • Visa or MasterCard Credit/Debit card.

  • Travel itinerary, if you have already made travel arrangements.

  • Dates of your last five visits or trips to the United States, if you have previously travelled to the United States. You may also be asked for your international travel history for the past five years. 

  • You may be required to provide information about your current and previous education and work history. 

  • Some applicants, depending on the intended purpose of travel, will be asked to provide additional information when completing the DS-160.

  • Government MRV Visa fee costs between $160 and $265 depending on the type of Visa.


Some applicants will need to have additional information and documents handy while completing the DS-160:

  • Students and Exchange Visitors (F, J, and M): You will be asked to provide your SEVIS ID, which is printed on your I-20 or DS-2019, so you should have this form available when completing your DS-160. You also will be asked to provide the address of the school/program at which you intend to study. This information should also be on your I-20 or DS-2019 form. 

  • Petition-based Temporary Workers (H-1B, H-2, H-3, CW1, L, O, P, R, E2C): You should have a copy of your I-129 available when completing your DS-160. 

  • Other Temporary Workers: You will be asked for information about your employer, including the employer’s address, while completing your DS-160.

You may begin your application and save it to return at any point in time.

bottom of page